Print to Shared HP Officejet 5610

Todd Jackson abc at 123.com
Mon Oct 6 11:36:40 PDT 2008

I have an HP Officejet 5610 and am trying to print from a CentOS 5
virtual machine and a OS X Leopard Mac to a Vista Business printer
share.  CentOS is using CUPS 1.2.4.

I have the PPD from OpenPrinting, and jobs get sent to the share.  Once
Windows gets the share, the printer starts, displays "Printing..." but
never prints and hangs the printer.  I have to turn off the printer and
sometimes kill the Windows print spooler.

Does anyone know what's going on?  After reading the HPIJS boards, it
looks like a CUPS problem.

Thanks,

Todd