HP 6480 can't connect each day

frobozz 210525p42015 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 17:23:07 PDT 2008

I got a new HP J6480 . used their disk .. made it work .. and the next day get

HPE0D392 "Opening Printer Connection Failed: Unable to open the printer connection. Please check your printer connections and check for printer errors."

must re-install and it will work again until the next day ... have no clue what I am doing incorrectly.

Using OS/X 10.5.5 Leopard.

Note that HP claims they no longer support Apple despite claiming so on the Printer Boxes ... <sigh>

Yet, sing the HP device utilities for Print-test=page and scan a document, it finds the printer qt the usual 10.0.1.3 every time. But CUPS can't find it.

someone please help !!