[cups.general] lpr "Too many active jobs" and MaxJobs setting in cupsd.conf

Denny Snyder wolverine at jhu.edu
Wed Oct 15 07:01:10 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I have placed the following in my cupsd.conf: (and restarted cuspd)
MaxJobs 0
MaxJobsPerPrinter 0
MaxJobsPerUser 0

But if I get 500 active jobs lpr fails with "lpr: Too many active jobs."
WHY??

Denny Snyder
Systems Engineer
Information Technology at Johns Hopkins
5801 Smith Ave, Suite 3110C
Baltimore, MD 21209

This month's useless trivia: Baskin Robbins once made ketchup flavored ice cream. This was the only condiment flavored ice cream they ever produced.

Quote of the Month: "A hippie is someone who looks like Tarzan, walks like Jane and smells like Cheetah." - Ronald Reagan