[cups.general] lpr "Too many active jobs" and MaxJobs setting incupsd.conf

Denny Snyder wolverine at jhu.edu
Wed Oct 15 07:21:58 PDT 2008

Oops.  Sorry....

Cups version 1.2.7 (blastwave.org package "cups 1.2.7,REV=2007.01.22" - latest available from blastwave) running on Solaris 8 SPARC (SunOS sccdino 5..8 Generic_117350-45 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210)

I normally use the blastwave.org stuff since it is so easy to separate from the built-in Solaris stuff and the sunfreeware stuff....  but it hasn't been updated in a while it seems since CUPS is now at version 1.3.9 (sigh)

Still, MaxJobs was a valid parameter in 1.2.7 right?

Denny Snyder
Systems Engineer
Information Technology at Johns Hopkins
5801 Smith Ave, Suite 3110C
Baltimore, MD 21209

This month's useless trivia: Baskin Robbins once made ketchup flavored ice cream. This was the only condiment flavored ice cream they ever produced.

Quote of the Month: "A hippie is someone who looks like Tarzan, walks like Jane and smells like Cheetah." - Ronald Reagan