copy print job before printing

michale mig033 at yahoo.de
Fri Oct 17 09:57:10 PDT 2008

I do maintain a little cups frontend which allows end users to
print jobs from a selection list of hold jobs.

int cups_printJob(int jobid, char *user, char *server, char* queue)
{
   // move job to other printqueue==printstation)
   do_job_op( jobid, server, queue, user, CUPS_MOVE_JOB );
   // release job on printserver
   do_job_op( jobid, server, queue, user, IPP_RELEASE_JOB );
   return (0);
}

To allow users to be able to preserve their print job, I need
something like a "copy print job" functionality, e.g

   newjobid = do_job_op( jobid, server, queue, user, CUPS_COPY_JOB );

such that I can release a copy of the original print job and let
the original job staying queued in my holdqueue. That would allow
users to print their job again.

Is that possible ? I have checked the api for a while now and did
not found anything useful.

Any ideas or hints an how to do this ??

Thanks,
 Michael.

(The whole thing is available on www.hatop.de as qprint,
 but will be much more useful with this job copy thing)