Epson Stylas Photo 950 - Not printing black 100%

NiceBloke nicebloke at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 10:36:07 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have a problem in Ubuntu 8.04 with my Epson Photo 950. When I print a test page from gnome-config-printer everything is fine except there is no Black output at 100%, everything from 10% - 90% is there. All the other colours print fine at 100%.

These are the drivers I've tried:

Epson Stylus Photo 950 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.2 Simplified
Epson Stylus Photo 950 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.2

If I print a printer self test - black is there, the printer doesn't need cleaning.

I've had the printer and used it under linux for several years - I think the problem started when I upgraded to 8.04 (although I hadn't used it for a few months so I could be wrong).

Does anybody have any ides or something I can test. If you need more information - just ask.

Jim