Setting up a grayscale filter

Sanjeev yednap at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 08:59:08 PDT 2008

Hello,

In light of the tough economic times, I am trying to set up a filter that would force jobs sent to a certain colour printer to be printed in grayscale.  I read somewhere that I could use a CUPS filter to achieve this goal but I am not sure how to proceed.  From some snooping, I think I might need to add the pxlmono.ppd as a filter, but I do not know where.  Also, if I have another printer that I want to continue printing colour on, how do I tell CUPS to only apply the filter to only one of the printers?  Many thanks in advance.

Sanjeev