[cups.general] Job control from XP

Ciprian Marius Vizitiu (GBIF) cvizitiu at gbif.org
Fri Oct 31 11:22:32 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,

I've just installed a RHEL 5 and setup a CUPS 1.2.4 as a print server having
one RAW queue (which in turn simply forwards to a HP 2300 via port 9100).
Then I've hooked an XP to this CUPS using what XP calls "Internet printing"
plus local PCL6 drivers. It seems to be working except one detail: Once I
send a job I have no control from the "Printers and Faxes" window in XP; in
other words if I send by mistake a 400 pages job it's gone, only way to
cancel it is from the web interface. Is this how it is supposed to be or am
I missing something?