[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2964: pstops does not detect optionsetting in the Setup section

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Oct 7 10:35:26 PDT 2008

Lars Uebernickel wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 08:58 -0700, Michael Sweet wrote:
>
>>[STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>>
>>This will not be fixed, and pstops is behaving as designed.
>>
>>If you have a file that already contains the printer-specific commands in
>>it, use the "raw" option when printing.
>>
>>Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2964
>>Version: 1.3.8
>>Fix Version: Will Not Fix
>

> The options are embedded by CUPS's Windows driver. Shouldn't that driver
> insert the options into the Job Ticket instead if pstops does not detect
> options which were already inserted into the file?

That is only accomplished by using the modified PPDs which are
provided by cupsaddsmb.

If you dare to compile the pstops filter from sources, you might
get a modified pstops.c based on CUPS 1.3.5 from me which inserts
the PPD-defaults at the beginning of the setup section and therefore
does not invalidate the rest of the setup.

Helge

PS: this modified source has not yet been published as I
are about to implement booklet imposition in addition before
publishing.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung