[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2980: LSPP labels are incorrect on output under Linux

Matt Anderson mra at hp.com
Thu Oct 23 21:08:43 PDT 2008

Michael Sweet wrote:
> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> Please contact your Linux distributor for this issue.
>
> LSPP is a Red Hat-specific patch that is not a standard part of CUPS.
> Please report this issue to Red Hat.

I have been working to upstream the LSPP patch since 2005.  In 2007 you
seemed interested in portions of it.

What I was suggesting in the patch I provided was not upstream
acceptance of all of the LSPP patch.  Merely the inclusion of the line
wrapping code for the per page label on filtered output.  This is an
issue with CUPS proper as well.  Currently CUPS does not by default
support long CLASSIFICATION labels, but if a user were to use one they
would be truncated instead of line wrapped.  By accepting this patch to
the filter code long CLASSIFICATIONs would be wrapped.

-matt