[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2982: printing pdf with parameterPageSize=match at pdftops

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Oct 30 07:46:46 PDT 2008

Helge Blischke wrote:
> franz.pfoertsch.brose wrote:
>> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK BELOW.
>>
>> [STR New]
>>
>> When I put the A5.ps via netcat to the printer the tray selection works!
>>
>> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2982
>> Version: 1.3.9
>>

> The issue is due to the modified behaviour of the
> pstops filter since - I think - CUPS 1.3.8.

It was only in 1.3.8, and was partially reverted in 1.3.9.

In any case, xpdf/poppler adds setpagedevice commands to every page,
so those override anything in the PPD file regardless of the version
of CUPS you are using.

The issue is not with pstops, but with the wrapper script that SuSE
uses instead of the bundled pdftops filter...