URI Problems

Thomas Ricatte elenaher at via.ecp.fr
Tue Sep 2 01:44:48 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have a CUPS server using PAM-LDAP authentification sharing a printer queue. Secure connection is needed to print (Encryption Required everywhere).

I want a CUPS client to add the printer but I have many problems with encryption :

At the beginning, I tried the URI https://login:pw@dns_server:631/printers/printer_queue, but I had an "Bad Device URI" error.
I tried so to remplace the URI by :

ipp://login:pw@dns_server:631/printers/printer_queue?encryption=required

I can add the printer in the client with this URI but it never works (error message like "Unable to locate printer", etc).
On the server, the error_log say :

encrypt_client: Unable to encrypt connection from X.X.X.X.
encrypt_client: A record packet with illegal version was received.

or

encrypt_client: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.

(I think that the config of the server is OK because it works with other clients (especially Win XP clients). Moreover, I have also a web interface for printing that use phpprintipp to join the server on ipp and it also works).

I tried with several CUPS clients (Debian, Mac Os X, Ubuntu especially).

Thanks for your help...

--
Elenaher