[cups.general] Page size issues after CUPS update (1.3.8)

Veselin Kantsev veselin at campbell-lange.net
Tue Sep 2 12:31:20 PDT 2008

Hello,
I updated CUPS on my Debian (Lenny 2.6.21-2-686) to version 1.3.8 yesterday.
Ever since, I'm having trouble printing with correct page size on a shared
Canon iR 3220.

Regardless of what page size is selected on the client, the job prints
according to the page size in the "printer settings" on the CUPS Admin
website.

So regardless of what I select on my machine, if the default page
size is set to A4, all prints come out A4.

So it seems that the printer will only obey the generic printer settings configured via
the CUPS Admin interface and not the ones passed by the client.

Any advice, greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Veselin