Small delays between jobs

tof tof42 at mailinator.com
Thu Sep 4 01:55:12 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am moving from an AIX 5.2 to Linux Ubuntu using CUPS as our spooler and it seems that cups introduce a delay between two jobs.

On the AIX, when you send 2 different jobs using the lp command, there are no pause, no delay between them.
With cups, there is a small delay (about 4 or 5 seconds between each jobs). It's not so bad but it makes the users complain...

If someone could point me an option or a way to shorten or eliminate the delay between jobs it would be great !

Many thanks !!!