Page size issues after CUPS update (1.3.8)

Thomas Küstermann t.kuestermann at tu-bs.de
Fri Sep 5 01:26:21 PDT 2008

Michael R Sweet:
> Basically, if you use a PostScript printer driver on the client as
> well as the the server, the server's default settings will override
> the settings embedded by the client's printer driver.  This will *not*
> happen when using the Windows PostScript driver, but does happen if
> you use a PostScript PPD on a CUPS client to do local filtering, and
> then send the already-filtered print job to a non-raw queue on the
> server.

I am highly interested in this issue. What is the difference between a Windows PostScript driver and a PostScript PPD on a Windows System?

I have encountered this 'problem' here too and solved it by altering these line in mime.convs:

1. application/postscript application/vnd.cups-postscript  66  pstops
2. application/vnd.cups-postscript application/vnd.cups-raster 100 pstoraster

1. application/postscript application/vnd.cups-raw  0  -
2. application/vnd.cups-postscript application/vnd.cups-raw  0  -

Are there any side effect I should pay attention to?