[cups.general] HP LJ 1005

Lucio Crusca lucio at sulweb.org
Sun Sep 7 15:34:19 PDT 2008

Hello *,

I'm trying to make a HP LJ 1005 print under debian etch i386. I know that
printer needs a firmware to be uploaded every time it powers up and I've
downloaded foo2zjs (debianized sources) and installed the hotplug/udev
script. I've also downloaded the correct firmware
into /usr/share/foo2zjs/firmware. However, when I send a test page via
CUPS, the printer does nothing, but CUPS removes the job as if it were
printed ok. Is there a way to debug the problem? How can I check if the
firmware has been uploaded correctly?

Thanks in advance,
Lucio.