[cups.general] Page size issues after CUPS update (1.3.8)

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Sep 8 08:04:36 PDT 2008

Thomas Küstermann wrote:
> I thought that it outputs all data of mime type
> application/postscript directly to the printer, instead of filtering
> it. Isn't it true?

Your change does this for ALL queues, and essentially makes them
raw queues - the only filtering that would happen would be for PDF,
image, HP-GL/2, and text files, but none of the options would be
added when printing locally because pstops is not invoked.

> A have a question: How is it possible that a Windows user can
> configure double side printing?

The usual way - via printer properties in the Windows print dialog.

The PPD defaults are NOT used, however, thanks to the way Windows
"supports" PPD... :(