help to install hp7460 on linux boxes

david rossi david09876 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:29:44 PDT 2008

I am a total noob to this and am trying to install an HP d7460 printer to my home net. I have a linsys wrt54g router and Ubuntu 8.04.1 on three wireless boxes. the printer works fine if I plug it into usb ports but I want all boxes to share it. I have tried every config but I don't really know what I am doing and going crazy with this. Do I use ipp or socket or other or .
or what?. My printer address is 192.168.1.106 and it's hostname is 7460 . it has an ethernet plug which I plug into the router. the printer also has a built in wireless if thats easier to config. I am just lost with all these different config choices. do I use the http address with port #9100 or 631? aaaahhhhhh!!! Can somebody give me a step by step to get this thing online. I will be forever  grateful