[cups.general] hiding unwanted printers

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Thu Sep 11 21:33:01 PDT 2008

The CUPS client.conf - client configuration file supports an option
called 'ServerName'.

 From : http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/ref-client-conf.html

> ServerName
> Examples
>
> ServerName foo.bar.com
> ServerName 11.22.33.44
> ServerName foo.bar.com:8631

That will probably do what you need. Keep in mind that you will also
need to disable browsing on the clients.

For more advanced setup options there are many possibilities such as
PrinterSetup.

PrinterSetup, provides a text file based approach to the managment of
print servers or clients CUPS queues. With printersetup you may easily
manage multiple print servers. PrinterSetup also has features for
centralizing your print queue management. It is designed to work with
filesystem tools such as radmind.

Related Links :
	PrinterSetup : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup
	Radmind : http://www.rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/radmind/