CUPS webadmin slow when gateway down

Salik Rafiq salik.rafiq at chameeya.com
Mon Sep 15 13:50:33 PDT 2008

Hello,
   I've noticed that the webadmin can be very slow if our
gateway/dns is down. What settings should I look for
in cupds.conf to determine what could be going on.

I think I read is one post that CUPS could be doing a reverse DNS lookup?

I'm not really interested in reverse lookups as I'm allowing everyone
in 192.168.178.* access to the webadmin. I've the necessary allows/disallows to prevent any admin activity without supplying
credentials...

Anyway if anyone could shed some light on this. How could I determine
what is causing the slowness...

I do notice that if I do route...it is slow because there is DNS present, but a route -n returns quickly so no NIC issues.

Thanks,