[cups.general] Allow syntax in cupsd.conf

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Sep 17 05:03:39 PDT 2008

Hello,

On Sep 17 13:37 Klaus Singvogel wrote (shortened):
> we noticed a small difference in the usage of "Allow" attribute
> in the documentation:
>
> "man 5 cupsd.conf" says that the correct usage is
> 	Allow ip-address
>
> whereas http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/ref-cupsd-conf.html
> says
> 	Allow from nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn

The same for "Deny", "BrowseAllow", and "BrowseDeny".

Furthermore
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/ref-cupsd-conf.html
reads e.g.

Allow from All
Allow from None

but
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/man-cupsd.conf.html
reads

Allow all
Allow none

Therefore it seems case doesn't matter but does it not matter
in any case, e.g. also not for

aUTHtYPE bAsIcDiGeSt

or does case not matter even for

SystemGroup RooT LPaDMiN

And what about various ways to say "yes" (or "no")
and horizontal spaces (including tabs) like:

BrowseLocalOptions compression=yes
browseLOCALoptions Compression = YES
   BrowseLocalOptions    compression=on
BrowseLocalOptions compression=true
 	BrowseLocalOptions	 compression	=	1

BrowseLocalOptions compression=nofreili

Only the last line is a joke:
"nofreili" is "yes" in Frankonian dialect ;-)

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex