lp, lpr Unauthorized

Michael Johnson mikej163 at cableone.net
Wed Sep 17 08:03:11 PDT 2008

I got up this morning and had email from SUSE that said and I quote "If cups[org] can not reproduce this problem, then neither can we. The problem must be in your configuration files [somewhere] and this is not a legit complaint. "

I really do not want to get into a double finger pointing contest with me stuck in the middle trying to figure out what went wrong where. I don't have enough knowledge to pinpoint which configuration file I need to be experimenting with. I am going to have to just keep trying different combinations of the printer configuration file and see if I can get it to work.

What I do know is that the default shipped with the rpm does not work and neither does cutting and pasting the standard configuration file from the documentation or following the direction in the pdf handbook.

Something is telling cups to ignore lp and lpr.