Running a script upon receiving a print job

Mohammad momoir at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:55:58 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have configured CUPS to hold all print jobs. I have created a web application for releasing print jobs and billing information.

Right now, I'm looking for a way to print some particular print jobs immediately, without holding them. Two weeks ago I asked here if it is possible to configure CUPS to handle print jobs based on print job name, and I was told that it is not possible.

Yesterday, a new idea came to my mind. I'm wondering if it's possible for CUPS to call a script written in bash, python, perl or any other scripting languages that can take care of immediate release of print jobs, based on their names?