job sheets through CUPS menu interface

Peter F. Patel-Schneider pfps at research.bell-labs.com
Mon Sep 29 10:57:37 PDT 2008

Hi:

I'm running CUPS on a Fedora 9 box, and am having problems with setting up the cover pages correctly.

I set the cover pages (banners) for a printer through the CUPS interface.  Command-line printing through lp and lpr then works correctly for that printer, but some programs (including firefox and gedit) don't seem to be able to access the cover pages settings.

Instead the printing pop-up has a tab "Job" which shows "Add Cover Page" with "Before:" and "After:" set to "None".  As well, only the standard cover pages show (in a capitalized form).

Does anyone know how to get this interface to CUPS to work correctly?

Peter F. Patel-Schneider