Problems getting Linux Fedora 9 to print

James Noll jnoll at socal.rr.com
Tue Sep 30 21:13:48 PDT 2008

Greetings:

I have a problem with Fedora 9. The printer is connected to a D-Link
DI-824VUP Wireless Router. Has a DB-25 printer port) The printer is a Brother HL-1240.

I cannot seem to get CUPS to "see" the printer at the router.

The router address is (as would be expected) : 192.168.0.1
Which is very similar to the localhost address of 192.168.0.0

I tried the Internet protocol (HTTP) and it seemed like it was going to go but then gave me a login box for the local host?? Like I was supposed to login to the local host to get the printer to work. Very strange!!

I also tried the "Other" setting with just the IP address (HTTP) and it didnt go either.

Anyone have any ideas?? I am clueless at this point

James

Please reply directly to jnoll(AT)socal.rr.com please