[cups.bugs] lpstat -h and -v behaviour

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Sep 4 17:45:54 PDT 2008

Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Hi all, not sure this has to be considered a bug, anyway...
>
> Most UNIX users expect the -h command to be available, and that is
> indeed one of the first command they'll perform when experimenting
> with a new command.

Um, most *UNIX* commands do not provide help, and the CUPS commands
are (by necessity) forced to follow their command-line arguments.

GNU commands, on the other hand, pretty much universally support
--help and --version, and we *can* add support for them without
breaking compatibility with the UNIX commands from the 70's and
80's.

Feel free to file an enhancement request:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php