[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2934: timeout when using Firefox on XP with SSL/TLS

Florian Effenberger floeff at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 11:00:50 PDT 2008

[STR New]

When using Firefox 3.0 to remotely administer a CUPS machine, CUPS gets a
timeout. Sometimes I receive TLS errors in the CUPS log, sometimes the
CUPS CGI dies of signal 9. Using Safari or IE7 to do the same
administration task (adding or modifying a printer) works just fine.

I tried it with the provided SSL certficiate and also with my own, which
otherwise works just flawlessly.

Rumors have it there is a known bug in CUPS or FF3, but I was unable to
find any evidence on it...

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2934
Version: 1.3.7