Failure to Print Multiple Copiee with Raw Option

Don Badrak dbadrak at tco.census.gov
Sat Sep 13 19:46:24 PDT 2008

Michael

Great, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I found some details on this earlier today (the filter part) but I wasn't certain how to make it work for only those queues.

> You can't, that's the thing.  You *could* write a simple shell
> script filter for PDF files and list it in the PPD files as:
>
>      *cupsFilter: "application/pdf 0 myfilter"
>
> where "myfilter" would live in /usr/lib/cups/filter and send the
> multiple copies of the PDF file with the usual PJL leader and
> trailer, e.g.:

Do I need to drop the number of copies somehow before they get passed off to the next filter or backend?  I'd like for a fix by HP firmware to all of a sudden not end up getting n^2 copies if I put in the PJL code.

We have more current firmware than regular people can get.  HP has released some custom stuff to us to fix problems in direct PDF printing. IPP is still not a part of it.

Thanks.

Don