[cups.development] What is the effect of the ModelLine parameter?

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Sep 16 18:24:00 PDT 2008

Collin Day wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how this line affects the software?  I am going
 > to compare the generated PPDs, but I am guessing just the model
 > number will be different.  Thanks!

The rastertopclx driver looks at the model number bits to determine
(in a very general way) what to output.  The driver also supports a
number of other attributes, particularly for the CRD format code and
dither table constants which control the CRD dictionary for a
particular resolution, color model, and media type combo.