Cannot compile CUPS 1.1.23 on OSX 10.4

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 07:14:27 PDT 2008

> keens312 wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > When compiling CUPS 1.1.23 on OSX 10.4, I got this error:
> > Linking libcupsimage.2.dylib...
> > /usr/bin/libtool:can't locate file for : -lcc_dynamic
> > /usr/bin/libtool:file: -lcc_dynamic is not an object file (not allowed in a library)
> > make[1]: *** [libcupsimage.2.dylib] Error 1
> > make: ***[all] Error 1
>
> You can remove the -lcc_dynamic from the filter/Makefile command for
> libcupsimage.2.dylib.
>
> --
Hi Michael,

Yes, it compiled after remove -lcc_dynamic, thanks

New problem, the compiled usb backend cannot work on OSX 10.4.
./usb 1 user title 1 "media=letter" ~/test.prn
The backend blocked and printer does not work.
While using the one OSX 10.4 default at /usr/libexec/cups/backend/usb, it works fine.

Do you know the reason in your experience?

Thanks
Keene