[cups.general] Problem with CUPS v.1.1.23

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Apr 3 09:10:54 PDT 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 2:59 AM, Minatra, Pat H. wrote:
> We are using the standard /usr/share/cups/model/laserjet.ppd that
> comes with the package.  Here are the first few lines of it:
> Hopefully this will give some idea as to what we are actually using.
>
> Is there something else I should be using?  I am not sure what I
> need as I presumed I was using the 'correct' one.

Yeah, that should just work, and I verified the PCL media position
values against my HP-PCL books. Which printer(s) are you using?

FWIW, some printers will override the input slot setting if the media
size does not match what the printer thinks is installed in the tray.
E.g. Letter media is installed but the printer thinks that A4 is in
Tray 2...

Michael R Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer