setting up a raw printer for windows use

tj 999alfred at comcast.net
Tue Apr 7 13:59:31 PDT 2009

How do you set up a raw printer for use by windows?

I have a Brother HL-1440 already sret up for use by Linux/Ubuntu systems, but I am having trouble setting it up as a raw printer for use by windows systems.

Don't I have to set it up as a different printer?
When I try it via port 631 I select the 1440 on available printers and then raw for printer make, but it immediately comes back to the printer make screen and has Brother already selected, selecting raw again and continue just takes me right back to that screen again with Brother selected.

tj