SNMP printer detection

ronaly ronaly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 03:49:17 PDT 2009

If I create a new private enterprise MIB, should I register it to cups?

I have a scenario here having a new private MIB, though the OS is able to detect it,but during creating of print queue, it is not what is used. The OS used the value from this OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.2.1.3.1. The value from that OID is modelname + some addtl info. That is why the OS is not able to automatically detect the PPD since the Product Name in the PPD is only the model name.

So, how would I let cups know my new private enterprise MIB?