How to create a delay of 15 seconds between pages of a job

Ludik Duran Ludik at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 13 18:37:13 PDT 2009

Hi,
My laser printer has a fault; once it warms up, the sheets of paper get jammed in the first roll. Currently my only solution is to print one page at a time and give the printer a 15 sec break between sheets.
Does CUPS have an option to add a time delay between pages of the same job?

More info:
Running Ubuntu 8.04, CUPS 1.3.7, HP LaserJet 4L.
I have taken the printer apart, cleaned it, found nothing wrong.
>From cold start (ie no printing 24 hrs beforehand), the printer is fine up to 10 pages. Then it starts jamming.
I only print a job once a (few) day(s). Small jobs are fine. Its when the article (job) is more than 10 pages that I get into trouble.
I read the documentation, saw all the options possible, maybe there is one to create a deliberate delay with -o or lpoptions. I searched the forum and found a link to Tea4Cups (www.pykota.com) which I may try later.

Summarise:
I would like to add an option to CUPS of a 15 sec delay between pages of a job.

Thank you in advance.
Ludik