Printing from Gnome

munroe msollog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:35:02 PDT 2009

I am using Debian Lenny as a cups server (1.3.8) to it from a client using none gnome applications, anything that uses the gnome print engine, the "print" button is greyed out.  I did some looking at it seems that there is a bug that disallows printing to a "raw" queue, but I don't think I am using a "raw" queue

Device URI: socket://ricoh
Printer Driver: Ricoh Aficio 1515, pxlmono-Ricoh 20081112 (OpenPrinting LSB 3.2)

I can print test pages from the cups interface and from any application that doesn't use gnome (k<foo> works fine).