NO disable client queue if ipp-server-queue ist disabled ?

Matthias Ehrig meh at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Apr 15 06:31:47 PDT 2009

hello,

we have a server-client configuration with two cups-servers for access to many real printers and all clients must print over these servers.
Since now we used cups-1.2.4 (redhat-linux). Now we have an upgrade to cups-1.3.7 for servers and clients and now jobs from clients will not more queued to server if the queue on the server is disabled (but accepting requests). If the first job from client will be sent to server, the client queue will disabled an the job ist not spooled. With cups-1.2.4 the jobs will spooled !

What can i do to prevent this situation ? It's very important, that jobs are spooled and queues still enabled, since clients can every time boot in an another operating system an then no more jobs must leave on client. I use HTTP-URIs for connection, e.g.
http://primat1.domain:631/printers/1_073x?waitprinter=false?waitjob=no

thanks for any help

Matthias