[cups.general] Replacing XPrint interfaces with CUPS

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Apr 17 16:24:01 PDT 2009

No, since you won't have any way to generate the print data - that's
what the Xp stuff does for the X11/Xt/Motif stack.

If the printing requirements are simple enough, you can probably just
use Cairo to generate PDF for printing, and then just port the
printing drawing code to use it instead. Feed the Cairo-generated
print file through cupsPrintFile...

On Apr 17, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Thanks. The interfaces are actually in openMotif, and I don't think
> tying openMotif to GNOME or KDE for printing is an approach that is
> feasible. Is there a way to get the functionality of these cassl
> working
> by using CUPS APIs?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert
>
> Michael R Sweet wrote:
>> Robert Schweikert wrote:
>>
>>> In an effort to make some code LSB compliant it is necessary to
>>> replace
>>> XPrint interfaces used by the code with CUPS interfaces, since
>>> CUPS is
>>> part of the LSB. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide
>>> for the
>>> following list of interfaces (replacement API's to use, potential
>>> approaches if there is no direct replacement, pointers to
>>> documentation
>>> etc.). I have little knowledge about what it takes to print
>>> something,
>>> thus any help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Here is the list of interfaces:
>>>
>>> XpQueryExtension