"Filtering" Printers

Sammy Y. lilguy_5 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:48:21 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I am helping run an Edubuntu server in a school, with two printing stations consisting of a printer on CUPS and a computer that releases the job. In the room, we have half of the room printing to one printer by default and the other half of the room printing to the other one by default, so the students will go to the proper station to print. However, it is confusing to some students that the print jobs for both printers appear at a printer station.

My question is... Is there a way to filter the jobs list of one printer to one printer station and the print jobs of the other to the other computer?

Normally, one would say to use the /printer/[PRINTER NAME] page/template, but in order to keep the job page constantly updated, we added a html code line to the jobs.tmpl to automatically refresh that template at regular intervals, but also happens to not allow us stay on the printer's personal page with its print jobs.