Print Center crashes on OSX 10.2.8

Ed Mansky mansky at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 24 07:18:13 PDT 2009

Hi,
  After printing a document on an HP All-in-One 6110 printer, and then disconnecting the USB cable, and bringing up Firefox to print a webpage, Firefox locked up on the webpage. I then ran ForceQuit to stop Firefox.

  Afterwards, Firefox, for the User account where the ForceQuit occurred, can no longer find the main printer (an HP LaserJet 6MP). The Print dialog window simply indicates "No Printer Selected". When I try to "Edit Printer List" and bring up Print Center (version 2.3 running in OSX 10.2.8), Print Center crashes upon clicking either "Show Info" or "Add Printer".

  I've tried all the usual repair tips: (a) Use Print Center Repair, (b) re-install the HP drivers, (c) try a new Profile in Firefox, (d) re-install Firefox with no old Profiles. All result in the same Print Center crashes.

  The other User accounts are all fine, and other applications can print fine from the problem User account. Clearly, some plist file, or library that Print Center uses on a per-User basis, got trashed.

  Does anyone have a tip or idea which file, or files, I might need to look at next to restore Print Center to state it was in before the ForceQuit?

Thanks!

Ed