BrowseRemoteProtocols ignored

Paul Landers j.paul.landers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:10:24 PDT 2009

This may be an Apple question (and I'm cross-posting this in Apple's discussion boards) but if you know the answer please reply.  I have several Macs running Tiger 10.4.11 and I want all remote printers ignored (i.e. both remote CUPS and Bonjour printers not even made available or visible to users).  There is no GUI to this in OS X, so in cupsd.conf I set:

BrowseRemoteProtocols none

After restarting, remote CUPS printers are not being displayed, but mDNS (Bonjour) printers continue to be available.  Any ideas?

Thanks!