Error Policy of classes

Wolfgang Dumhs wolfgang.dumhs at gmx.at
Fri Apr 24 03:03:08 PDT 2009

Hi,

it seems like the Error Policy of classes is not used at all, but a job which had errors (return code 1 from backend) is always immediately rescheduled to another printer in that class. According to the documentation in
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.4/ref-classes-conf.html#ErrorPolicy
one should be able to change the behavior, but that doesn't seem to work.

I have seen that behavior from Version 1.2.x up to 1.4.2b.

I also looked in the source code and found a hint for that behavior in scheduler/job.c (in finalize_job() where it says: Queued on a class - mark the job as pending and we'll retry on another printer...).

If that is the wished behavior, I am just wondering what the Error Policy field of classes is for? When it is not used I think it should be removed from the documentation and from the Web-Interface.

Or have I missed something?

Regards
Wolfgang