[cups.general] Best practice for setting "ErrorPolicyretry-job" on all defined print queues?

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at illinois.edu
Sun Aug 2 10:42:31 PDT 2009

Michael Sweet wrote:
> There is no "all" class - you'd had to add every printer to a class,
> assuming that you wanted to randomly print to one of those printers.

Bummer.  I was tempted to use the class approach because of my understanding
that classes also let you set a policy (such as retry-job) once and the class
will propagate that policy to all printers in the class.

I would not want to randomly print to all printers in the class because the
class would contain radically different kinds of printers (wide-format inkjets
for printing posters, monochrome laser, and color laser).  So this class-based
approach (even if I'm understanding the above correctly) would just create a
new problem.

So I'll have to look further into looping over each printer and setting the
retry-job error policy that way.

Thanks for your feedback!