[cups.general] suse 10.2,CUPS 1.2.7: cupsdAuthorize: Local authentication certificate notfound!

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Wed Aug 5 14:59:35 PDT 2009

Michael Sweet schrieb:
> On Aug 5, 2009, at 2:33 PM, ekkard gerlach wrote:

>> so on.  Suse 9.2 with an older CUPS works fine using /dev/usb/lpX
>> directly. Why does CUPS 1.2.7. not allow printing to /dev/usb/lpX?
>

> Because the "X" in "/dev/usb/lpX" is assigned randomly, which can be
> bad even for identical printers since they may not have identical
> media, etc.

thx for fast answer!
I need to install the same printer twice or three times to print fotos,
about hundred in one hour (with another printer: Epson R220). The media
(10x15cm) is the same. It doesn't care which printer is connected to lp0
and which to lp1.

I was surprised finding a Suse 9.2 installation on my laptop! I just
tried to insert  DeviceURI usb:/dev/usb/lp0  to printers.conf 5 minutes
ago. And it works immediately!! It *must* be a bug in CUPS 1.2.7!
Searching " cupsdAuthorize: Local authentication certificate notfound!"
with google points to some mysterious statements and bug messages.

 > You can add:
 >
 >     FileDevice Yes
 >
 > to the cupsd.conf file and then use "file:///dev/usb/lpX" for each of
 > the printers as long as you aren't doing raw printing...

Okay, I'll try printing using file://...

Ekkard