[cups.general] Update Xserve (Mac) 10.5.8

Ulrike Schletzer ulrike.schletzer at tuebingen.mpg.de
Tue Aug 11 03:59:49 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I used Cups a few weeks without problems. I´m still in testing.. but
now, after we updated the Xserve to OS X 10.5.8 we had trouble with
cups.
First I want to publish a printer which is not working, so I have to
authorized myself with a password. This was the first thing that doesn
´t work. So I do it manually. I edit the printers.conf and set the
"shared" option to "yes". After restart Cups, nothing works. On
WebInterface, when i will load the printers i only see {error}. Same
with classes. I cannot load the admin page. Maybe it can have another
problem, but I think, it was the Update to 10.5.8. Before that Update
everything works fine.
The printers.conf and /ppd and classes.conf are still in same path and
all printers are configured correctly (I think...)

So... if anybody could help me??

Thanks!

Cheers, uli