margins or page size ignored when using cpi?

Kyle Schmitt kschmitt at tootsie-roll.com
Wed Aug 12 14:28:29 PDT 2009

It's a little dated, RHEL 4.7 running cups-1.1.22, against a printer running the Dell M5200 Foomatic/Postscript driver.
Unfortunately oracle sometimes dictates old version of the OS.

Prompted by your question I tested it on two more systems:
RHEL 5.3 (cups 1.3.7) with the Dell M5200 Foomatic/Poscript driver: same problem
RHEL 5.3 (cups 1.3.7) with the Generic Poscript driver: same problem
Ubuntu 9.x ((cups 1.3.9) with the Generic Postscript driver: renders as expected

So, without upgrading the OS, is there a way to fix this?