[cups.general] How do I force duplex when printing?

Mike Kasick mkasick-cg at club.cc.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 12 20:23:08 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 06:03:50AM -0700, Helge Blischke wrote:

> might it be that your Windows box(es) print via samba to the CUPS server and
> your smb.conf file contains the drective "cups options = raw" ?

No, there's no samba involved.

Anyways, your previous patch did give me an idea--I just went into the
CUPS6.PPD in the Windows driver and removed all references to Duplex
options.  It's a bit crude, but it works.

Unfortunately that means I won't be able to finish debugging what's going
on with the JobPatchFile hack on the print server.  Hopefully the code you
posted may still be of use to someone else.

Anyways, thanks for taking your time to look into it--I appreciate it.