[cups.general] Printer Sharing on Multiple LANs

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Aug 21 23:11:17 PDT 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 10:41 PM, David E.Narvaez wrote:
> I successfully managed to setup printer sharing and browsing on the
> wired LAN (192.168.1.0/24) using documentation (http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.4/sharing.html
> ), but I can't seem to get it working on the wireless network.

The default BrowseAddress in current CUPS releases is @LOCAL, which
should broadcast to each of your LAN addresses. So, make sure that the
BrowseAddress line in your cupsd.conf file says "BrowseAddress @LOCAL".

The other thing to check is that your wireless network has a broadcast
address set - sometimes broadcast is disabled by default to improve
wireless performance...