CUPS sucks!

ncoesel ncoesel at dealogic.nl
Tue Aug 25 00:00:28 PDT 2009

> ncoesel wrote:

> >> Um, CUPS is currently not supported on any embedded platforms,
> >> although I do know of several people playing with it there.
> >
> > Huh??? Linux is linux. No matter what the platform is! You're probably
> > referring to Linux distributions. The difference between distributions
> > (paths & users) is usually covered by the automake/autoconf settings.

> >> You mean cupsd was not generating an error_log file listing the errors
> >> it found?
> >
> > I've set the level to debug2. But it is not generating meaningfull errors.
> > I'd expect if it finds a USB device port but can't access it, it reports
> > an error in the log. The software I write does stuff like that and also
> > provides hints to fix problems.
>
> Perhaps you could supply a sample error_log to look into in order to deal
> with your complaints?

The error when trying to print a test page:

D [01/Jan/1970:03:23:22 +0000] Print-Job ipp://localhost:631/printers/Labelwriter
D [01/Jan/1970:03:23:22 +0000] Print-Job client-error-document-format-not-supported: Unsupported format 'application/postscript'!
D [01/Jan/1970:03:23:22 +0000] cupsdProcessIPPRequest: 9 status_code=40a (client-error-document-format-not-supported)