dscInfo

David C. Moody davidm at trustholiday.com
Wed Aug 26 12:11:08 PDT 2009

Several of my CUPS PPDs for different printers say this...

*%===== Print Mode ====================================
*% If the dscInfo dictionary is not set using the printer driver, the
*% userlogin and job name are set to "CUPS User" and "CUPS Application"
*% respectively. If the dscinfo dictionary is set, document name and
*% user name are set as per the CUPS login name and Document name.
*% The default print mode is Normal.
*% The OrderDependency was 47 but this did not work.

Can someone help me with how to set the dscInfo dictionary?

I can edit all the files directly, most are PostScript. So if it's talking about Postscript commands I can do that I just need to know what I should be doing.

I've googled, but not been able to figure out what it wants me to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!