[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3112: Limit long list of printers

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Aug 21 03:24:11 PDT 2009

[STR New]

I doubt that all your users would wish to use any printer from the 400-odd
you have.

Would this be better as a request for 'printer groups' - so that a user
could set their printing environment so that they only ever saw printers
in their own group? Although we have only 50-odd printers, this would be a
feature we'd like, too. At the minute, we actually run two CUPS servers,
one for each of our groups - this being a solution to the problem. Having
just one server would offer economy of maintenance, however.

John A. Murdie

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3112
Version:  -feature